Hands up who’s gotten this message when running Lightning Applications since the Winter 16 release?
“Lightning components require My Domain. Please contact your system administrator for more information.”
To fix this, follow these steps
- Setup | Administer | Domain Management | My Domain
- Enter a domain name of your chosen. In the below screen shot, I am using a developer org which is why ‘-dev-ed’ is added to the end.
- Check to see if the domain used is available.
- Agree with the Terms & Conditions
- Click ‘Register Domain’
- It may take some time for Salesforce to register the domain
- Once the domain is registered, re-open the ‘My Domain’ page to see new options:
- Click the ‘Click here to login’ button. This will login into Salesforce using the domain name selected.
- Click ‘Deploy to Users’ and agree with the alert
- Now open your Lightning applications and all should work!